Pack 982 has been serving scouts in Leesburg for over 50 years and is looking to continue that trend into the foreseeable future. We are one of the larger Packs in Leesburg and serve approximately 50 scouts out of the Balls Bluff Elementary School, homeschoolers, and surrounding schools in grades 1-5.
We are a very active Pack and pride ourselves on having a program that is focused on the Cub Scout core values designed to improve a scout’s character development. We provide opportunities for our scouts to learn the core values throughout all elements of our program including service projects, ceremonies, games, skits, songs, crafts, plus den and Pack activities.
Quick Start Guide
Congratulations! You and your family have taken the first step along the Scouting Trail. So what do you need to know in order to get going?
- Complete the Youth Application. Make sure you fill out the entire application to include your Scout’s age, school and your point of contact information, age and relationship to the Scout. This can be found on our Resources Page.
- Take a trip down to the Leesburg Hobby Shop. You’ll need:
- A scout shirt (either blue or tan),
- Pack numerals (982),
- Council patch,
- Neckerchief and slide,
- Belt, and
- Scout handbook.
- Purchase a Book appropriate to the age of your child.
- Begin working on the requirements for Bobcat.
- Contact your Den Leader – they will have answers to any questions you may have. You may use the Contact Us form, and we will pass it along until you get the leader's email.
Meet the Team
Cub Scouting is nothing without amazing volunteers. The parents and friends who pitch in are the real reasons the boys have so much fun. The people below are the "leaders", but we could not do it without the help and support of the parents.
Bear Den Leader
Pack Admin and
Committee Advancement Coordinator
Secretary and Public Relations
Come join the fun!
Come meet the team and experience the fun! Come check out a pack meeting, or contact us for more information.